FAQs in Pinellas Park, FL



Contact Pain Relief Centers for any questions you might have regarding your visit.

Man Holding his Back in Pain - Pain Management in Pinellas Park, FL
Portrait of Senior Couple Jogging - Herniated Bulging Discs in Pinellas Park, FL
Acute Pain in the Back - Pain Management in Pinellas Park, FL

Will I have a procedure at my first visit?

No, the first visit is a consultation. If a procedure is recommended, we will schedule it at the consultation.

Do I need a driver for my first visit?

No, not unless you usually require a driver for other medical appointments.

Do you take my insurance?

We are pleased to accept the widest variety of insurance in the Pinellas area. Please contact our office, and we will be happy to confirm your insurance eligibility.

Do you see worker's compensation patients?

Yes, please contact our office team for more information.

Do you see patients being treated through auto insurance?

Yes, please contact our office team for more information.

What should I bring to my first appointment?

Please bring a copy of any imaging (xrays, MRIs, CT scans, etc.) that you may have. It is very helpful to have both the films and a copy of the radiologist's report at the time of the consultation.

In which hospitals do the doctors have privileges?

Our physicians maintain privileges at most of the area hospitals. However, they complete the majority of their procedures at West Park Surgery Center. This free-standing ambulatory surgery center is specially equipped for patients requiring the latest in spine care.

For Frequent Patients

Can I get a refill on my pain medications without an appointment?

Many medications used to treat pain are controlled, for this reason; you will need to be seen on a regular basis to be prescribed these medications. We are also unable to refill or prescribe controlled substances after hours or on holidays.

Do you replace lost or stolen prescriptions?

We are unable to replace lost or stolen prescriptions. You may need to be seen in the office to be evaluated and placed on an alternative medication to help minimize withdraw side effects that can occur when certain medicines are stopped abruptly.

The new medication I was prescribed is not working.

We recommend you allow the new medication 2 weeks to take effect. Because of the risk of adverse effects, we are unable to change controlled substance medication on a frequent basis.

How do I get a letter or form processed? How long will it take?

Because of the volume of forms or letters we are asked to complete, it may take up to 10 days. Patients are asked to bring their forms into the office, and in some cases, fill out a questionnaire to help us complete your form more accurately. There is a charge for most forms.

How can I get a copy of my medical records? How long will it take?

Please contact our office and speak with the medical records department to request your records. It usually takes 3 business days to obtain records, and there may be a fee associated with obtaining them. Another doctor's office may request they be faxed directly to their office if you have completed a HIPPA release form.

Can I take medications from other doctors?

All pain medications should be prescribed by the Pain Relief Centers as discussed in your narcotic agreement. Medications other than pain medications can be prescribed by other physicians. Please notify us as soon as possible if you have been prescribed a medication by another doctor, such as a dentist or emergency room physician.